The Yorkville Branch of The New York Public Library is considered one of New York’s most elegant turn of the century adaptations of Palladian-inspired architecture. Designed by architect James Brown Lord, the branch officially opened on December 13, 1902.
The building is a designated New York City Landmark and is listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places. The library’s interior was extensively renovated from 1986 to 1987. The branch’s adult, young adult, and reference collections are located on the first floor. The children’s room is located on the second floor and a meeting room with a seating capacity of 72 is on the lower level.