Art for Change (AfC) is a 501(c)3 organization that encourages the advancement of progressive social change by using art as a catalyst for disseminating information to people. We provide space to discuss and explore that information, stimulating individual and collective reflection, which leads to action and change.
Art is our tool and our common ground – by building a bridge between communities and artists we can help to articulate experiences, struggles and aspirations, inspiring people to consider, with a questioning eye, their ways of life, their environment, their roles, how various systems work, and ways to improve their lives and environment.
* Create collaborations in the community
* Inspire solidarity among people
* Encourage diversity by transcending gender, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual preference
* Provide safe and open forums for positive dialogue
* Pursue social and economic justice