The 58th Street Branch of The New York Public Library opened on May 10, 1907. Once housed in a Carnegie building it now occupies part of two floors of an office tower. The library has been open at its present site since 1969. This is a full-service adult branch with a small children’s collection.
The first floor is accessible to people who use wheelchairs. A multi-use auditorium on the second floor, seating 65, is available for community group meetings and library programs. Also a TechConnect Lab for computer classes is located on the second floor. Additional collections and services available at the 58th Street Library include:
Book collections for adults available for borrowing and use in the library
Small collection of materials for teenagers and children