The Westchester Square Branch of The New York Public Library, which began serving the public in 1937, moved to its present quarters on Glebe Avenue in 1956. Its facade, built of brick with granite and limestone trim, features an interesting circular side wall. The first floor houses the adult, young adult, and reference collections. The children’s room is located on the second floor. The branch also houses the Bronx Writer’s Center, a non-profit organization, which sponsors writing workshops and classes for all ages. We also provide English classes for speakers of other languages held during fall, winter, and spring.