The Hunt’s Point Branch of The New York Public Library, designed by Carrere and Hastings and built in the architectural style of 14th-century Florence, features spacious windows and large arches of warm red brick. It was completed in 1929 as the last of the 39 branches built with Andrew Carnegie’s gift. Located on the first floor are the adult collection, a reference collection, and a separate area for teenagers. The second floor houses the children’s room and a story-hour room, which accommodates 75 people, and is used for free library programs and community events. The branch is air-conditioned and fully accessible to people who use wheelchairs.