Place Category: Non-Profit Organization
The TEAK Fellowship helps talented New York City students from low-income families gain admission to and succeed at top high schools and colleges. Along with academic support, TEAK provides leadership training, exposure to the arts and outdoors, mentoring, career experience, and assistance with the high school and college application processes.
A strong academic foundation is increasingly essential for personal advancement and professional success. Academic limitations, stemming from economic disadvantages, can permanently affect the course of young people’s lives. Bright and enthusiastic students living in low-income households are routinely unchallenged and left with poor academic options. TEAK was created to reach these deserving students and offer educational access and opportunity. Through its Fellows, TEAK has the capacity to impact families, neighborhoods, schools, and workforces – a ripple effect of utmost importance for the future.
Students are eligible for admission to TEAK in the fall of their sixth grade year. Please refer to the eligibility requirements below to see if you qualify for admission to TEAK. If you do, please fill out the Admission Info Request Form. Through a comprehensive process that begins every fall, applicants participate in several rounds of screening that include a financial assessment, diagnostic tests, a written application, and interviews. TEAK Fellowships are awarded based on both academic merit and financial need.
Qualified candidates must:
* Be enrolled in sixth grade at the time of their application
* Attend a public or parochial school in one of the five boroughs of NYC and be a NYC resident
* Earn a scaled score of 685 or above on the fifth grade NYS ELA exam and a scaled score of 700 or above on the fifth grade NYS math exam and/or score in the 90th percentile on other standardized tests
* Earn 90% or above in all classes
* Come from families with financial need
* Provide proof of academic merit and family income
* Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.