Harlem Seeds was founded in 2010 by sisters Michele Hatchette and Stephanie Mack, who were born and raised in Harlem. Deeply committed to their community and its youth, the organization was established to address the most pressing health issues facing Harlem children today. Harlem Seeds’ mission is to inspire young people to live long healthy lives; by empowering them to make appropriate food and lifestyle choices. Healthy living is a right, not a privilege. Educating our young people about growing foods in a sustainable environment and using their harvest to fuel their bodies, by exercising, and interacting with each other with the expectation of developing positive community leaders as they mature.
Harlem Seeds envisions developing a community of fit, energetic, healthy people and sustainable food sources in Harlem and surrounding communities.
* Character, Integrity, Compassion, Love & Respect is the foundation of our Community Work
* As Leaders it is Our Responsibility to put the Community First
* Everyone has a Voice, Everyone Must be Heard
* Empowerment through Education
* One Mission, One Vision, One Purpose to Create a Healthy Community