Ethical Culture Fieldston School is a progressive pre K-12 independent school serving students from throughout New York City and the surrounding suburbs. Committed to academic excellence, ethical learning, and progressive education, ECF offers a rich and challenging curriculum in the arts, sciences, and humanities. A coed, nonsectarian school, it serves a diverse community of about 1,700 students from PreK to 12 on two campuses — one in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, and the other in Manhattan. The middle school, located in the Bronx, is comprised of approximately 400 students and 55 faculty members.
The Ethical Culture Fieldston School is seeking a Project Coordinator to directly oversee a variety of small and medium sized capital projects from inception to completion. The Project Coordinator will also integrate with committees and project teams for major capital projects as needed. The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and link closely with the Directors of Facilities on the Riverdale and Manhattan campuses.
This position will be primarily based at the Fieldston campus in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. At times, the Project Coordinator may also be required to work at the Ethical Culture campus on the upper west side of Manhattan.
Ethical Culture Fieldston School
33 Central Park West
New York, NY, US 10023
Start date: March 20, 2017
The Project Coordinator will:
- work with a wide variety of campus partners to gain an understanding of desired project outcomes and determine project scope, draft project schedules and develop preliminary budgetary estimates;
- directly coordinate bid processes and/or work with contracted architects and engineers to coordinate bid processes, liaise with campus partners to execute contracts for external labor;
- schedule each project with sensitivity to the educational environment, avoiding disruptions and maximizing campus down-time;
- serve as the point of contact for day-to-day issues that arise while work is being conducted on campus, ensuring site safety and security;
- audit work to ensure that the delivered quality is congruent with contracted expectations;
- memorialize projects with appropriate meeting minutes, as-built drawings, and other forms of documentation;
- carefully track and authorize contractor invoices, maintaining general ledger entries for all project components, and ensure projects remain on budget and on schedule;
- coordinate owner tasks for all projects (i.e. moving services, furniture deliveries, etc…);
- throughout the life of projects, liaise with a wide variety of external architects, engineers, owner’s representatives, general contractors, and construction managers.
The successful candidate will possess:
- experience in managing construction projects that involve a variety of trades;
- experience in developing and evaluating requests for proposals, contract negotiations and administration;
- strong leadership and management skills, with an ability to work independently and as member of a team;
- ability to prioritize work with strong time management skills;
- ability to work consultatively with multiple constituencies;
- excellent customer service skills;
- strong technology skills with a particular focus in Microsoft Project;
- ability to work a flexible schedule with some night, weekend and holiday work;
- minimum of one year of progressively responsible project management experience, preferably within the education industry;
- HS diploma.
To be considered for the above mentioned position, please upload a letter of interest, a resume, and email and phone contact information for three professional references. Please generate all documents in MS Word or a converted .pdf file. Complete applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. No phone calls or emails, please. Thank you for your interest in Ethical Culture Fieldston School.
Ethical Culture Fieldston School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.