Under supervision of Project / Program Director, assists with administrative and clerical tasks required in routine operation of the site. May provide case assistance and referral information as deemed appropriate.
Jewish Association Serving the Aging
247 West 37th Street 9th Floor
New York, NY, 10018
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranges for, or refers clients in need of assistance for services such as transportation, homecare, meals-on-wheels, Medicare, Medicaid, housing, etc.
- Provides information about health, welfare education and recreation services available to older adults.
- Assists director in developing appropriate group programs and works with committees.
- Attends in-service training and staff meetings.
- Explains and interprets the agency’s programs to clients.
- Responsible for coverage of senior center in the Project Director’s absence.
- Works closely with community organizations to meet the needs of the clients and to publicize the center’s programs.
- Acts as receptionist and answers in-person and telephone inquiries, referring calls to appropriate party.
- Uses computer to prepare letters, flyers, reports, etc.
- Assembles, collates and records statistical data.
- Collects and counts cash. Issues receipts for cash, maintains records and prepares bank deposits.
- Maintains petty cash accounts.
- Places orders with food vendors and other suppliers.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of food and supplies.
- Provides staff coverage on participant trips.
- May assist in preparation and serving of meals.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., Two years college or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Kashruth.
- Some prior group leadership experience.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Good writing/record keeping skills.
- Ability to read, write speak and understand English.
- May require heavy lifting including setting up tables, moving chairs, and other room set-ups for programs, climbing stairs may be required.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Valid N.Y. State Drivers License preferred.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resumes to email@example.com.
Indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for!