Assists with administrative activities and training-related activities necessary for the effective operation of The Coalition for Behavioral Health (The Coalition) and the organization’s co-tenant, Coordinated Behavioral Care (CBC). Performs a variety of Internet research functions and uses word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software. Duties also include fielding telephone calls, filing and data entry, directing and assisting guests, as well as assignment other administrative tasks and special projects.
The Coalition for Behavioral Health
123 William Street
New York, NY 10038
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Assists with on-site trainings, seminars, Coalition and CBC board and committee meetings, and other special meetings, which may include: registration of participants through on-line and seminar database; producing evaluation forms; inputting data and processing evaluations; producing certificates; meeting and greeting participants; follow-up phone calls and information verification; producing/copying materials; preparing handouts; room set-up.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing correspondence – phone, mail, fax, email
- Updates agency-wide electronic databases, making additions, changes, corrections, and modifications on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain conference room calendars.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal;
- Ability to multi-task and be accommodating to changing priorities, high attention to detail;
- Effective use of software applications – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred;
- Provide assistance when possible, referring questions and problems to a higher level as appropriate;
- Ability to work well under pressure and learn quickly;
- Ability to navigate and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or alternatively two years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
The Coalition for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers equal opportunities for employment for all qualified applicants consistent with federal, state and local laws
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to: email@example.com with subject line: “Administrative Assistant Position”