Egbertville is the name of a neighborhood located immediately inland from, but classifiable within, the East Shore of the borough of Staten Island in New York City. Named after a family that owned a farm there in the 18th century, Egbertville was known for a time as Morgan’s Corner, from 1838; soon after this, many Irishfamilies arrived in the area, leading to its being referred to (somewhat jokingly) by such names as Tipperary Corners, New Dublin, and Young Ireland.
Egbertville is at the center of the Staten Island Greenbelt, with the park system’s administrative offices being located there. Richmond Creek flows through a ravine, named the Egbertville Ravine after the neighborhood, as it skims the eastern base of Lighthouse Hill. The community’s main thoroughfare is Rockland Avenue, which provides a shortcut between New Dorp on the East Shore and the busy New Springville section of Mid-Island.
The Moore-McMillen House was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Egbertville is served by the S54, S57, S74, and S84 local buses.