The Office of Domestic Violence (ODV) provides temporary housing, emergency shelter and supportive services for victims of domestic violence and their children. All programs provide a safe environment as well as counseling, advocacy and referral services.
Domestic violence and abuse can include your partner:
- Hitting, slapping, kicking or using any other kind of physical violence against you
- Forcing you to have sex when you don’t want to, or to do sexual things you don’t want to do.
- Threatening to hurt you, your children, or someone else you care about
- Constantly insulting and criticizing you
- Stalking, obsessively checking up on or otherwise trying to control your behavior
If you or someone you know is experiencing this kind of behavior from a partner, please call New York City’s 24 hour Domestic Violence Hotline:
For more immediate assistance with Domestic Violence, go to 311 Online or NYC 24-Hour Hotline at 1-800-621-4673.
(Spanish speakers are available)
Hearing Impaired 24-Hour Hotline: TDD: 1-800-810-7444
Locations of the New York City Family Justice Centers:
- BRONX: 198 East 161th Street, 718-508-1220
- BROOKLYN: 350 Jay Street, 718-250-5113
- MANHATTAN: 80 Centre Street, 212-602-2800
- QUEENS: 126-02 82nd Avenue, 718-575-4545
- STATEN ISLAND: E-mail OCDV_DVRT@cityhall.nyc.gov for help You also can call the City’s 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-621-4673, for immediate assistance. Please call 911 in emergencies. ‘Learn more athttp://www.nyc.gov/domesticviolence.
- NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project, 212-714-1141
- Barrier-Free Living (Disabled Clients), 212-533-4358