Good Shepherd Service Read more [...]
Place Category: Non-Profit Organization
Since 1979, ArtsConnection has provided innovative arts programming to millions of students in the New York City public school system, enhancing children’s intellectual, personal and social growth, while developing award-winning educational models. ArtsConnection’s programming for students, professional development, and research all contribute to a comprehensive approach, nationally recognized for its quality, design and impact across diverse learning communities.
- Customized in-school programming to over 110 schools, preK-12, city-wide, serving tens of thousands of young people annually
- Out-of-school programs for teens, providing experience-rich opportunities for young people to engage in NYC’s cultural world
- Free and reduced-priced tickets to performances and cultural venues through our High5 Tickets program
- Extensive professional development opportunities for classroom teachers and arts specialists, as well as for our own teaching artists
- On-line resources for educators and like-minded practitioners to enrich the arts education field
In the aftermath of New York City’s fiscal crisis of the late ‘70s, ArtsConnection was founded through a collaboration between the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, the New York City Youth Bureau, and the New York City Board of Education. This founding partnership, along with the commitment to creativity and excellence from our teaching artists and schools, has been integral to our success.
Over the years, we have evolved from service provider to a full educational partner — working in-depth to create new ways of teaching and learning in and through the arts. Recognized as a national model for creating successful arts education opportunities, ArtsConnection has been recognized locally and nationally for its outstanding work.
520 8th Ave. Ste. 321
New York, NY 10018
t 212.302.7433 f 212.302.1132