FPA-Foundation is a a Read more [...]
Place Category: Non-Profit Organization
Below is the location of the Financial Empowerment Center in the Bronx and the other FEC’s in New York City. At an FEC you can get free one-on-one financial counseling from a professional counselor. Services are provided for free, in English and Spanish, by phone or in person. You can schedule an appointment at a borough’s main Financial Empowerment Center location or a mobile site. Click here if the information on this page needs to be udpated.
Financial Empowerment Centers Can Help When
* You are having trouble managing your budget or paying down debt.
* You are getting calls or letters from a debt collector and don’t know how to respond.
* You are thinking about a debt consolidation loan or debt settlement but are unsure if this is the right step.
* You are stuck in an agreement with a credit repair agency and don’t know how to get out.
* You want to find the government benefits for which you are eligible.
* Your identity has been stolen or you have been the victim of a financial scam.
* You need help opening a bank account or saving money.
Financial Empowerment Centers works to identify, strengthen, and implement innovative practices from across the nation to help New Yorkers build assets and achieve lifelong financial well-being. Located within the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), FEC’s help target strategic enforcement work to protect New Yorkers with low incomes from predatory and deceptive practices, including initiatives in debt collection, used car sales, and tax preparation.
Phone: (917) 499-3182