Provides care, including guidance in intellectual, emotional and social growth, to children in the full day, on-site childcare program. Please note this is a temporary, part time position.
Sanctuary for Families
PO Box 1406, Wall St. Station
New York, NY 10451
- Provides safe, friendly and educational environment for the children while their parents attend off- and on-site appointments
- Supervises and nurtures children while they are in the program
- Utilizes appropriate materials and activities for children’s development and growth.
- Prepares children’s meals and maintains meal counts
- Trains and coaches children toward independence
- Consults with parents regarding their children’s day-to-day progress and behavior
- Observes and communicates children’s progress and behaviors to supervisor
- Maintains records of children’s childcare, respite care and drop-in attendance
- Enters data re children’s attendance and services computerized Service Tracking System
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies and orders supplies as needed
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
- Ability to nurture infant, toddler and pre-school age children
- Ability to be warm and receptive to parents and children
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess patience
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Good written and verbal skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to multitask
- Must be sensitive to issues of domestic violence
- Must be First Aid/CPR certified or eligible
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred